The Child Care Financial Assistance Program helps eligible families with the cost of child care. Payments are made directly to child care providers.
Eligibility for Assistance
To be eligible for assistance, your family must:
Use the Subsidy Pre Screening Tool to see if you qualify for child care benefits. It's quick and confidential.
How to Apply
There are two ways to apply:
Online using the Bright Futures Information System (BFIS)
Complete a paper application
For More Information
- Download the Child Care Financial Assistance Booklet
- Read the Program Regulations
- Read the Child Care Financial Assistance Program's Policies & Procedures
Other Types of Financial Assistance
Take advantage of child care tax benefits. There are several federal and state tax credits that may reduce the amount of taxes you owe.
- Ask your provider about scholarships and or sliding fee scales. Some families who do not qualify for child care financial assistance still struggle to make ends meet. Ask your provider if they provide scholarships or determine rates upon ability to pay.
- Check with your employer. Some employers are able to support working families and rising child care costs. Ask your employer about the option to deduct child care expenses prior to taxes, child care contributions, flextime, and onsite child care benefits.