A resource for families who have questions, concerns, or complaints about child care providers in Vermont.
1-800-649-2642 • firstname.lastname@example.org • File a complaint online
Contact us to get information about a provider, including:
- When they became licensed
- If they are accredited or participate in STARS
- Whether they’ve had any licensing violations in the past year
Voice A Concern
Let us know if you have a concern about a provider, including:
- The lack of supervision
- Too many children
- Unqualified or not enough staff
- Inappropriate discipline
- Unsafe environment
Register A Formal Complaint
Contact us if you want to register a formal complaint about a provider/program.
Here's what will happen if you do:
- A licensing field specialist will conduct an investigation. This may include:
- an unannounced visit
- interviews with the child care provider, other families, and community agencies
- contacting you
- At the end of the investigation, they'll determine whether the evidence shows that child care regulations were violated.
- If any violations are substantiated:
- A program improvement plan or other corrective action may be required.
- The child care provider has the right to appeal.
Read the Child Care Consumer Line brochure.