Our mission is to foster the healthy development, safety, well-being, and self-sufficiency of Vermonters.
We have six divisions that deliver our main programs and services.
- Child Development Division - ensures access to quality child care & development services.
- Disability Determination Services - determines medical eligibility for federal disability benefits.
- Economic Services Division - helps individuals and families to meet their basic needs.
- Family Services Division - ensures the safety and well-being of children and youth.
- Office of Child Support - helps families with issues related to child support.
- Office of Economic Opportunity - supports organizations that provide direct services to lower-income Vermonters.
We envision Vermont as a place where:
- People prosper,
- Children and families are safe and have strong, loving connections, and
- Individuals have the opportunity to fully develop their potential.