A federal USDA program that helps put healthy foods on your table every day!
READ FIRST: If everyone applying is at least 60 years old or getting disability benefits, you may qualify for 3SquaresVT in a SNAP — an easier way to access 3SquaresVT benefits.
Who Is Eligible
You may be eligible if:
- Your gross household income is equal to or less than 185% of the Federal Poverty Level, or
- You have children and get the VT Earned Income Tax Credit.
If your household includes someone age 60+ or with a disability, you may still qualify if your income is over limit. We will, however, consider the resources that you own — with a few exceptions like your home and certain retirement accounts.
If Your Application Is Approved
You’ll get money every month that you can use to buy food at many local stores and farmers markets.
- If anyone in your household is under 65, your benefits will be added to a Vermont EBT Card.
- If everyone in your household is 65 or older or receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI), your benefits will be deposited as cash into your bank account.
How To Apply
You may apply one of three ways:
- ONLINE: Use our online application.
- BY MAIL: Call 1-800-479-6151 or visit a district office to get a paper application.
- IN PERSON: Apply in person at your local district office.
If you get 3SquaresVT:
- You qualify for free employment and training supports through ICAN.
- Your children may qualify for free meals at school.
Where To Learn More
- Call 1-800-479-6151.
- Visit a district office.
- If you are age 60+, you can also call VT's Senior Helpline at 1-800-642-5119.