A federal USDA program that helps you put healthy foods on your table every day!
Read important update about extra 3SquaresVT benefits ending in mid-March.
Who Is Eligible
You may be eligible if:
- Your gross household income is equal to or less than 185% of the Federal Poverty Level, or
- You have children and get the VT Earned Income Tax Credit.
You may still qualify if your income is over limit if your household includes someone 60+ or with a disability. But we'll consider the resources you own (with a few exceptions, like your home and certain retirement accounts).
If Your Application Is Approved
You’ll get money every month you can use to buy food at many stores & farmers markets.
- If anyone is under 65, your benefits will be added to a Vermont EBT Card.
- If everyone is 65 or older or receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI), your benefits will be deposited as cash into your bank account.
How To Apply
- Print Form 202 or call 1-800-479-6151 to request a copy.
- Complete and sign it.
- Submit it by:
- using the document uploader,
- mailing it to the address on the application, or
- dropping it off at a district office.
If you get 3SquaresVT:
- You qualify for free employment & training supports through ICAN.
- Your children may qualify for free meals at school.
- You qualify for Crop Cash through NOFA-VT.
Where To Learn More
- Call our Benefits Service Center at 1-800-479-6151. We accept all relay calls.
- If you are age 60+, you can also call 1-800-642-5119.