Report Benefits Fraud


Eat healthy with a little help from 3SquaresVT!

Economic Impact Payments for Non Tax Filers
AGE 60 PLUS?  Go to this page just for you!

Who is eligible?

You may be eligible if:

If you are over income, you may still be eligible if your household includes someone age 60+ or with a disability. We will consider the resources you own (e.g., bank accounts and vehicles) with some exceptions (e.g., your home and certain retirement accounts).


The best way to find out if you're eligible is to apply.

family shopping for foodHow do I apply for 3SquaresVT?

You can apply one of three ways:

  1. ONLINE: Click here to go to our online application
  2. BY MAIL: Call 1-800-479-6151 or visit a district office to get a paper application
  3. IN PERSON: Apply in person at your local district office

What if I have questions? Need help applying?

  • Call 1-800-479-6151 (M-TH from 8AM to 6PM & FRIDAY from 8AM – 4:15PM);
  • Visit a district office during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 7:45AM to  4:30 PM); or
  • Click here for a list of other organizations that can help.

How much can I get?

The benefits you may receive will depend on your household size, income, and expenses. The average monthly benefit per household is about $235.

older man eating lunchHow does the monthly payment work?

If anyone in your household is under 65, your monthly benefit will be added to an EBT card. You can use it to buy eligible food items at participating stores and farmers' markets. You can also use it to buy food online. Learn more.

If everyone in your household is 65 or older or receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI), your benefits will be deposited as cash into your bank account. Using 3SquaresVT to buy food is easy and convenient.


  • 3SQUARESVT WORK REQUIREMENT: if you have work requirements to keep getting 3SquaresVT, the Individual Career Advancement Network (ICAN) can help!
  • EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING: the Individual Career Advancement Network (ICAN)  is available to everyone who gets 3SquaresVT — except those getting Reach Up benefits.
  • SCHOOL MEALS: if you're eligible for a monthly benefit, have a school-age child, AND your child's school participates in a federal meals program, we will notify the school that your child qualifies for free meals, unless you ask us not to. You won't have to fill out the school's meal application form.

Other Help

Crop Cash (double up to $10 of 3SquaresVT tokens at farmers markets in VT that accept EBT cards)
Healthy in a Snap  (resources to help you eat more fruits and veggies every day)
Vermont 2-1-1 (help finding government programs and community-based resources)
Vermont Farm Share (help buying fruits & veggies from local farmers)
Vermont Foodbank: Food Shelves (food shelves near you)
WIC in Vermont (nutritious foods for pregnant women, new moms, infants, and young children)

3SquaresVT is Vermont's name for the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (or SNAP), a program of the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA).

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and in some cases religion or political beliefs. The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  •  Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 0250-9410
  • Fax: (202) 690-7442
  • Email:

For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish or call the State Information/Hotline Numbers (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by State); found online at:

To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write: HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 515-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (800) 537-7697 (TTY).

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

EBT-Only Wireless Grant