A federal USDA program that helps you put healthy foods on your table every day!
Who Is Eligible
You may be eligible if:
- Your gross household income is equal to or less than 185% of the Federal Poverty Level, or
- You have children and get the VT Earned Income Tax Credit.
You may still qualify if your income is over limit if your household includes someone 60+ or with a disability. But we'll consider the resources you own (with a few exceptions, like your home and certain retirement accounts).
If Your Application Is Approved
You’ll get money every month you can use to buy food at many stores & farmers markets.
- If anyone is under 65, your benefits will be added to a Vermont EBT Card.
- If everyone is 65 or older or receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI), your benefits will be deposited as cash into your bank account.
How To Apply
You may apply one of three ways:
- ONLINE: Use our online application.
- BY MAIL: Call 1-800-479-6151 to get a paper application.
- IN PERSON: Apply at your local district office.
If you get 3SquaresVT:
- You qualify for free employment & training supports through ICAN.
- Your children may qualify for free meals at school.
Where To Learn More
- Call our Benefits Service Center at 1-800-479-6151. We accept all relay calls.
- If you are age 60+, you can also call 1-800-642-5119.