Part of the Reach Up family of programs, PSE can help you earn an undergraduate college degree so you can get a good paying job and support your children.
Who Is Eligible
- Live in Vermont.
- Have minor, dependent children at home.
- Have household income under 150% of the federal poverty level.
If Your Application Is Approved
- Monthly cash payments (if you are income eligible).
- Support services like case management and help setting goals.
- Help with childcare, transportation, and school supplies.
What You'll Have To Do
- Get accepted into college.
- Secure the funds for tuition. The VT Student Assistance Corporation can help.
- Agree to work no more than 20 hours a week so you can focus on your education.
How To Apply
- Complete the following:
202 - Application for Benefits (check Reach Up and answer those questions)
202PSE - Postsecondary Education Program Application Plan
- Make copies of any required supporting documents.
- Mail your signed application and supporting documents to ADPC - Economic Services Division, 280 State Drive, Waterbury, VT 05671-1500. Or drop them off at a district office.
- Participate in an interview by phone or in person.
If you get PSE, you may also be eligible for:
When Your Benefit Closes
We'll automatically enroll you in Reach Ahead if you are eligible.
Where To Learn More
If you have questions about PSE and how to apply, call 1-800-479-6151.