Makes emergency repairs to your home's primary heating system.
Who Is Eligible
- Your household income must be equal to or less than 200% of the federal poverty level.
- You must be experiencing a heating crisis during the winter that involves your home's primary source of heat (e.g., a boiler, fireplace, furnace, heat pump, space heater, or wood-burning/pellet stove).
If Your Application Is Approved
We will repair or replace your home's primary source of heat.
When To Apply
Applications are accepted from Nov 1 through April 29 of each year.
How To Apply
- Apply in person at your local Community Action Agency.
- Call the agency first. They'll tell you what documents and information you need to bring.
- If you are elderly or disabled and can't go in person, they may accept your application by phone.
Weekends & Holidays
If you are elderly, disabled, or have a child under 6 in your household, you may call 1-800-479-6151 on weekends and holidays to apply. Follow up by completing an application at your local Community Action Agency