General Assistance Emergency Housing April 1, 2023 – June 30, 2023
On March 20th, the Budget Adjustment Act of 2023 (“BAA”) was enacted. The BAA provides funding for households categorically eligible for Emergency Housing, as outlined below. Additionally, the BAA provides continued funding for eligibility under the Adverse Weather Conditions Policy, regardless of temperature, through May 31st, 2023.
The text of the Budget Adjustment Act can be found here. The relevant portion begins on page 28.
1. The following categorical eligibility is effective from 4/1/23 to 6/30/23. Households that meet one of the following eligibility categories must have income at or below 185% of the Federal Poverty Level and may not have resources in excess of $2250. There is no limit on the number of nights a household may be eligible for.
- A household with a member aged 60 or older,
- A household with a member with receiving SSI or SSDI,
- A household with a school aged child,
- A household with a member who is pregnant,
- A household that has been physically barred from entering their residence through an intentional act of the landlord,
- A household with a member who is a victim of domestic violence,
- A household with a member who is a victim of a fire, flood, or natural disaster.
2. Households that are not eligible under one of the above categories may be eligible under the Adverse Weather Conditions Policy through 5/31/23. There are no income or resource limits for households eligible under Adverse Weather Conditions.
How To Apply
- Complete the Application for Assistance for Emergency Housing.
- You must call the Emergency Housing Line at 1-800-775-0506 or drop your application off at a District Office. You may use the Document Uploader to send it to us.
Where To Learn More
Call our Emergency Housing line at 1-800-775-0506 for all questions and for eligibility regarding General Assistance Emergency Housing Program.