Do you struggle to keep your home warm in the winter? Are your energy bills high even though you’re always cold?
The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP):
You could get FREE weatherization services if:
- You haven't received free weatherization services in the past 15 years, AND
- At least one of the following is true.
- Your household income meets the income limits (2021-2022).
- You are an active Seasonal Fuel Assistance household. Call 1-800-479-6151 if you're not sure.
- Someone in your household gets Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- An adult in your household received one of these Reach Up benefits in the past 12 months: Reach Up, Reach First, or Post-Secondary Education. A Child-Only Reach Up grant does not count.
The Program Benefits:
On average, the program:
- Makes about $8,500 worth of improvements per home,
- Adds about 1,500 square feet of insulation, and
- Reduces drafts by about 40%.
Services may include comprehensive "whole house" energy assessment, state-of-the-art building diagnostics, and full-service" energy-efficient retrofits.
To Apply & Learn More:
Your local weatherization office can answer your questions and help you apply. If you don't know who serves your area, go to Weatherization Partners by Town.
- CENTRAL VERMONT - Capstone Weatherization Office
- CHAMPLAIN VALLEY - Champlain Valley Weatherization Service
- NORTHEAST VERMONT
- SOUTHEASTERN VERMONT - SEVCA Weatherization Office
- SOUTHWESTERN VERMONT - BROC Weatherization Office