Weatherization Assistance Program

Helps lower-income residents, especially older Vermonters, people with disabilities and families with children, to save fuel and money by improving the energy efficiency of their homes." "

Who is eligible?

You are eligible for weatherization services — whether you own or rent — if:

  • Your household income is at or below 80% of median income.
    • Click here for the 2020-21 income eligibility guidelines.
    • Priority is given to households with incomes below 60% of median income.
  • Someone in your household gets Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
  • Someone in your household:
    •  Currently gets Seasonal Fuel Assistance
    • Got Seasonal Fuel Assistance last winter and is still eligible
    • Is already approved to get Seasonal Fuel Assistance this coming winter season

If you received free weatherization services for your home any time in the past 15 years,  you are not eligible to receive additional free services for that home.

How do I apply?

If you know who your local weatherization partner is:
  1. Go to Weatherization Partners
  2. Click on the partner in your area
  3. This will take you to their page which has:
    • Information on how to apply
    • An application form
    • Contact information
If you don't know which partner serves your area:
  1. Go to Weatherization Partners by Town
  2. Click on your town where you live
  3. This will take you to your local partner's which has:
    • Information on how to apply
    • An application form
    • Contact information

What weatherization services are available?

Services may include:

  • Comprehensive "whole house" assessment of energy-related problems;
  • State-of-the-art building diagnostics, including blower door, carbon monoxide, and heating system testing and infrared scans; and
  • "Full-service" energy-efficient retrofits, including dense-pack sidewall insulation, air sealing, attic insulation, heating system upgrades and replacements.

Who do I call if I have questions?

Contact Us

Sarah Phillips, Director
Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO)
280 State Drive
Waterbury, VT - 05671-1050
Phone: (802) 241-0935

DCF Public Records Requests
Statewide Public Records Requests