Helps you stay in your home by paying part of the cost to have someone live with you to provide essential care.
Who Is Eligible
To be eligible, you must be blind, 65 or older, or disabled, AND:
- Meet the income guidelines,
- Receive or have applied for SSI and/or SSDI benefits, and
- Have an essential person living with you to provide the daily assistance you need to stay at home.
Who Can Be An Essential Person
- Lives with you.
- Is not eligible for SSI/AABD or Reach Up.
- Is not getting paid by the Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living for providing personal services to you.
If Your Application Is Approved
You can choose to receive monthly cash assistance through direct deposit or an EBT card.
How To Apply
You may apply one of three ways:
- ONLINE: Use our online application.
- BY MAIL: Call 1-800-479-6151 or visit a district office to get a paper application.
- IN PERSON: Apply in person at your local district office.