The Essential Person Program helps you stay in your home by contributing to the cost of having someone live with you to provide essential care.
Who is eligible?
People who are blind, have a disability, or are 65 or older AND meet the income guidelines.
How do I apply?
You can apply one of three ways:
- ONLINE: Click here to go to our online application.
- BY MAIL: Call 1-800-479-6151 or visit a district office to get a paper application.
- IN PERSON: Apply in person at your local district office.
What if I have questions? Need help applying?
- Read this document: What You Need To Know About The Essential Person Program.
- Call Vermont's Senior Helpline at 1-800-642-5119 to get answers to your questions and help applying. An outreach worker can come to your home to help you fill out an application.
- You can also click here for a list of other organizations that can help.
How does it work?
You can choose to receive monthly cash assistance through direct deposit or an EBT card.