MBDP can help you to start and grow a micro business.
What Is A Micro Business
- The smallest of small businesses
- Fewer than five employees and less than $250,000 in annual revenue
- Usually a partnership, sole proprietorship, or family business
- Often a small-scale service, retail, manufacturing, or agricultural business
Who Is Eligible
- Live in Vermont, and be age 18 or older.
- Have household income at or below 80% of the state median income limit or area median income limit, whichever is higher.
You automatically qualify for MBDP if you're eligible for 3SquaresVT, Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Section 8 housing.
The Help Available
You'll get opportunities to:
- Network with other business owners
- Use our technology resource center
- Take classes and workshops
- Meet one-on-one with an experienced business counselor who can help you:
- Think through your business idea
- Create a business plan
- Apply for business funding
- Develop a marketing plan
- And more
How To Apply/Learn More
Contact your local Community Action Agency. They will answer your questions, help you apply, and determine your eligibility.
If you're eligible, they'll provide counseling and technical assistance services.