The MBDP helps low to moderate-income Vermonters start and grow micro businesses. These are businesses that employ less than five people and generate less than $25,000 in annual revenue.
The Help Available
You'll get opportunities to:
- Network with other business owners;
- Use our technology resource center;
- Take classes and workshops on topics such as writing a business plan, building your credit score, record keeping, tax planning, and setting the right price for your product or service; and
- Meet one-on-one with an experienced business counselor who can help you:
- Think through your business idea;
- Discuss how ready you are to run a business;
- Teach you essential business skills;
- Create a business plan;
- Connect you to other helpful resources;
- Get your credit in order;
- Apply for business funding;
- Develop a marketing plan; and
- Much more.
How To Apply
To find out if MBDP is right for you, contact your local Community Action Agency.
If you've ever thought about starting or expanding a small business, MBDP might be able to help! Make money doing what you love. Create income from your talents and skills. Supplement your household income.