Helps you to start and grow a micro business.
What Is A Micro Business
- The smallest of small businesses.
- Has fewer than five employees and generates less than $250,000 in annual revenue.
- Usually a partnership, sole proprietorship, or family business.
- Often a small scale, service, retail, manufacturing, or agricultural business.
Who Is Eligible
- Be a Vermont resident.
- Be 18 or older.
- Have houshold income at or below 80% of the state median income limit or area median income limit, whichever is higher.
If you qualify for 3SquaresVT, Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Section 8 housing, you automatically qualify for MBDP.
The Help Available
You'll get opportunities to:
- Network with other business owners.
- Use our technology resource center.
- Take classes and workshops on topics such as writing a business plan, building your credit score, record keeping, tax planning, and setting the right price for your product or service.
- Meet one-on-one with an experienced business counselor who can help you:
- Think through your business idea,
- Discuss how ready you are to run a business,
- Teach you essential business skills,
- Create a business plan,
- Connect you to other helpful resources
- Get your credit in order,
- Apply for business funding,
- Develop a marketing plan, and
- Much more.
How To Apply/Learn More
Contact your local Community Action Agency. They will answer your questions, help you apply, and determine your eligibility. If you are eligible, they'll provide counseling and technical assistance services.