ICAN is a new employment & training program that grew out a three-year pilot program called Jobs for Independence or JFI.
It is funded by the US Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Service and is part of their SNAP E&T Program.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
ICAN is available to everyone who gets 3SquaresVT — except those getting Reach Up benefits.
THE HELP THAT'S AVAILABLE
If you qualify, ICAN can help you:
- Conduct job searches
- Connect to employers who are hiring
- Enhance your job finding skills (e.g., resume writing & interviewing)
- Gain new job skills & work experience
- Learn how to achieve industry certifications
HOW TO GET STARTED
Visit a Vermont Department of Labor Career Resource Center to enroll.
Find your local center online at http://labor.vermont.gov/workforce-development/career-resource-centers/.
3SQUARESVT WORK REQUIREMENTS
If you have work requirements to keep getting 3SquaresVT, ICAN can help! While you don't need to go through ICAN to meet your work requirements, the added benefits can help you prepare for & find a life-changing job.
Read the ICAN brochure to learn more.
WATCH THESE VIDEOS TO LEARN MORE
- SNAP E&T in Action: Economic Impact
- SNAP E&T in Action: Fit for Purpose
- SNAP E&T in Action: New Partnerships
- SNAP E&T In Action: Self-Sufficiency
EVERYONE BENEFITS FROM ICAN!
- Vermonters get support to find the right job
- Employers find much-needed workers
- Money goes into local economy
- Family futures change for the better