Reach First helps families overcome temporary, short-term financial crises and avoid the need for longer-term assistance.
Who is eligible
You may be eligible for Reach First if you are:
• Filing a new application
• Meet the eligibility requirements for Reach Up
• Will likely not need help in 4 months or less (e.g., you have a back-to-work date or job offer)
The assistance provided
Reach First provides case management, financial help, and support services.
How to apply
- Apply one of the following ways:
ONLINE: Click here to go to our online application.
BY MAIL: Call 1-800-479-6151 or visit a district office to get a paper application.
IN PERSON: Apply in person at your local district office .
- Check the Reach Up box on the application.
When you speak to a worker, mention that you'd like to participate in Reach First.
Participate in an interview.
You’ll have to complete an interview — by phone or in person — before we can make a decision about your eligibility. We' ll inform you about the interview process after you apply.
Learn more/get answers to your questions
- Read this document: What You Need To Know About Reach First
- Call 1-800-479-6151 (M-TH from 8AM to 6PM & FRIDAY from 8AM – 4:15PM)
- Visit your district office
- Contact one of these other organizations that can help
Families will be empowered, connected and thriving.