Part of the Reach Up family of programs, Reach First can help your family get through a temporary, short-term financial crisis and avoid the need for longer-term assistance.
Who Is Eligible
You may be eligible for if you:
- Are filing a new application
- Meet the eligibility requirements for Reach Up
- Will likely not need help in 4 months or less.
If Your Application Is Approved
You'll get case management, financial help, and support services.
How to apply
- Apply one of the following ways:
ONLINE: Use our online application.
BY MAIL: Call 1-800-479-6151 to request a paper application.
IN PERSON: Apply in person at your local district office.
- Check the Reach Up box on the application. When you speak to a worker, mention that you'd like to participate in Reach First.
Participate in an interview by phone or in person.
If you get Reach First, you may also be eligible for:
Where To Learn More
- Read this document: What You Need To Know About Reach First.
- If you still have questions, call 1-800-479-6151 or visit your district office.