Reach First helps families overcome temporary, short-term financial crises and avoid the need for longer-term assistance.
Reach First is part of the Reach Up family of programs.
- Our mission: we join families on their journey to overcome obstacles, explore opportunities, improve their finances and reach their goals.
- Our vision: families are empowered, connected and thriving.
Who is eligible
You may be eligible for Reach First if you are:
- Filing a new application
- Meet the eligibility requirements for Reach Up
- Will likely not need help in 4 months or less (e.g., you have a back-to-work date or job offer)
If Your Application Is Approved
You'll get case management, financial help, and support services.
How to apply
- Apply one of the following ways:
ONLINE: Use our online application
BY MAIL: Call 1-800-479-6151 or visit a district office to get a paper application
IN PERSON: Apply in person at your local district office
- Check the Reach Up box on the application.
When you speak to a worker, mention that you'd like to participate in Reach First.
Participate in an interview by phone or in person.
We' ll inform you about the process after you apply.
If you get Reach First:
- You may be eligible for Reach Up Emergency Rental Assistance.
- You could also get free weatherization services.
- You may be eligible to participate in Vermont MOMS.
Where To Learn More
- Read this document: What You Need To Know About Reach First.
- Call 1-800-479-6151.
- Visit your district office.
- Contact one of these organizations that can help.