To qualify for a monthly payment, your net household income must be less than 100% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) based on household size.
Net household income = gross monthly household income minus allowable deductions.
Allowable deductions include:
- A standard deduction based on household size
- An earned income deduction (20% of earned income)
- The cost of child/dependent care
- Court-ordered child support paid to another household
- Shelter expenses, up to a maximum amount
- Some medical expenses for household members age 60+ or with a disability