The Individual Career Advancement Network (ICAN) can help people who are getting 3SquaresVT to change their lives.
It is funded by the US Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Service and is part of their SNAP E&T Program.
Who is eligible
- If you are getting 3SquaresVT, you are eligible.
- If you are getting Reach Up in addition to 3SquaresVT, talk to your case manager.
The help that's available
ICAN can help you:
- Gain new job skills and work experience
- Work towards industry certification
- Learn job-landing skills like resumé writing & interviewing
- Access the internet, printers & copiers
- Conduct job searches
- Connect to employers who are hiring
- Find and get ready for the right job
The supports available
- Help paying for things like child care, clothes, school supplies and transportation (e.g., bus passes, money for gas and car repairs).
- Help meeting your monthly 3SquaresVT work requirement if you have one.
- Support from local ICAN partners and employers.
How to get started with ICAN
- Complete the ICAN Questionnaire and then click on "submit". This will take you to the orientation video.
- Create a Jobseeker Account at Veremont Joblink or update your current one if necessary.
- Once you've completed steps 1 and 2, somone will contact you to complete enrollment.
Watch these videos to learn more
- SNAP E&T in Action: Economic Impact
- SNAP E&T in Action: Fit for Purpose
- SNAP E&T in Action: New Partnerships
- SNAP E&T In Action: Self-Sufficiency
- Capstone Microbusiness Development Program
- Vermont Adult Learning
- Vermont Department of Labor
- Vermont Foodbank's Community Kitchen Academy