Child care licensing regulations require training for providers and staff in Vermont. Access this link to review CDD Course Criteria for Child Care Licensing Requirements.
Refer to the relevant regulations and positions to determine whether orientation training is required and the number of training hours required annually.
It consists of two parts:
- Online Mandated Reporter Training
- Training to meet the remaining orientation requirements can happen in two ways:
If you have trouble accessing the Better Kid Care Vermont Orientation Training, contact your local resource advisor.
Pediatric First Aid & Infant/Child CPR
Documentation of the training must include:
- Name and logo of the training organization
- Date of the training
- Type of training
- Infant and child skills covered
- Name of the individual certified
- Expiration date for the certification.
If the documentation provided does not reflect the infant and child skills covered, additional documentation must be submitted. If you complete the training online, it must include a hands-on skills component recognized and accepted by the online training organization.
- Visit the Northern Lights website to find trainings that meet the criteria.
Please see the information about the current waiver.
- Minimum of 2 hours.
- Sponsored by a Northern Lights-approved sponsor.
- Taught by an RN or MD.
- Cover the five rights of medication administration, procedures, side effects, errors, and adverse effects, as well as an in-person or Online Real-Time skills component for administering asthma & anaphylaxis medication.
Center-based licensees and family child care providers must attend emergency preparedness training. While CDD does not require a specific training to meet this requirement, it does require it to cover sheltering in place.
- Visit the Northern Lights training calendar to find emergency response training near you.
- Additional trainings are also listed on their child care training requirements page.
Questions about whether a training meets the critiera, contact your local resource advisor.