If you love children and your community, you can help both to succeed by opening a regulated child care program in your neighborhood.
Statute: A person shall not operate a child care facility without a license unless exempted under 33 V.S.A. § 3502.
Where To Start
The first step is to determine the kind of child care program you want to offer.
- Outside of a private home, OR
- In a private home for more children than allowed in registered family child care homes (see below).
- In a private home, AND
- For no more than six children under the age of six plus four school-aged children
(only two of the children can be under the age of two).
Where To Get Help
- If you have questions about the process or need translations of the application materials, contact the Licensing Technician in your area.
- If you have questions about the licensing regulations, contact the Licensor on Duty at 1-800-649-2642 (option 3) or email@example.com.