The Family Services Division (FSD) is Vermont's youth justice agency.
Supports & Services
FSD provides supports and services to three groups of youth and their families:
- Youth at risk of harming themselves or others
- Youth on juvenile probation
- Youth/young adults on youthful offender status
What This Involves
- Conducting youth assessments
- Developing plans for services
- Supervising youth on probation and youthful offender status
- Regulating facilities for youth
- Making sure regulated facilities comply with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA)
Learn More About Our Work
- Read Section 3 of the Parent’s Guide to DCF's Family Services Division.
- Read the Policies and Procedures Manual, which guides the monitoring of facilities where state officials can hold youth securely.
DCF filed the EEOP Utilization Report with the Department of Justice as a requirement of receiving Juvenile Justice Awards. It analyzes relevant labor market data and our employment practices to identify possible barriers to the participation of women and minorities in all levels of our workforce.