Give a waiting child what we all want: a sense of belonging, a place to call home & lifelong family connections.
The Need for Adoptive Parents
On any given day in Vermont, there are about 80 children waiting for families to adopt them. Most are school-aged, many have special needs, and some are part of a sibling group who want to stay together.
- Meet some of the children waiting for their forever families.
Who Can Apply
You can be single, married, living with a partner, or joined through a civil union. You MUST:
- Be willing to adopt a child over the age of 7
- Be at least 21
- Have a valid adoption home study or Vermont foster care license
Get The Adoption Process Started
- Read Provide Permanency to learn about the adoption process.
- Contact Project Family at 1-800-746-7000 or Toni.Yandow@partner.vermont.gov.
- Adoption Assistance for Children Involved With DCF
- Agreement for Post-Adoption Contact or Communications
- Watch this video to learn about the process