A mandated reporter is any:
- Health care provider, including any physician, surgeon, osteopath, chiropractor, or physician assistant licensed, certified, or registered under the provisions of Title 26, resident physician, intern, hospital administrator in any hospital in this State, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, medical examiner, emergency medical personnel as defined in 24 V.S.A. § 2651(6), dentist, psychologist, and pharmacist
- Individual employed by a school district or an approved or recognized independent school, or contracted and paid by a school district or an approved or recognized independent school, to provide student services. Includes any school superintendent, headmaster of an approved or recognized independent school, school teacher, student teacher, school librarian, school principal, and school guidance counselor
- Child care worker, mental health professional, social worker, probation officer, police officer
- Employee, contractor, and grantee of the Agency of Human Services who have contact with clients
- Camp owner, administrator, or counselor
- Member of the clergy
For more information, read Title 33, Chapter 49, §4913 of Vermont Statutes.