Vermont law allows employers & employment agencies to request a registry check to determine whether to hire/retain an individual to provide care, custody, treatment, transportation or supervision of children or vulnerable adults.
Who may I request a search on?
- A current employee, volunteer, grantee or contractor.
- An individual to whom you've given a conditional offer of a contract, volunteer position, or employment.
How do I request a search?
- Have the individual you're requesting a search for complete the Request for a Child Protection Registry Check: SELF.
- Have the form notarized by an official notary public.
- Mail the completed form, by US Postal Service, to the address at the bottom of the form.
- If they've chosen to get the results by mail, include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
What happens next?
- If you're entitled to a search, we'll do our best to complete it within 25 business days.
- We'll notify you of our findings in writing.
- If the individual is found on the registry, we'll tell you the date and nature of the finding and notify the individual.