Helps parents to find and keep good paying jobs so they can meet their child support obligations.
Who The Project Helps
Work4Kids helps parent who are:
- Behind, or at risk of falling behind, on their child support payments.
- Unemployed or underemployed (i.e., working less than full time).
- Faced with barriers to employment such as a criminal record.
How The Project Helps
Work4Kids helps participants to:
- Gain work skills and knowledge.
- Find new or better jobs.
- Resolve issues that may be keeping them from steady work (e.g., criminal record, mental health issue, substance abuse disorder, no reliable transportation, unstable housing and lack of education/training).
- Access supports such as work clothes, transportation and training.
- Get personal counseling if they need it to stay employed.
- Modify their child support orders based on their ability to pay.
Resources for Staff Working With Clients
- Work4Kids Checklist & Job Log
- Work4Kids Court Request: Motion for Permission to Participate by Telephone
- Work4Kids Engagement Reminders
Court forms to modify support
Contact Sarah Turcotte at Sarah.Turcotte@vermont.gov.
Work4Kids is a joint project of the Vermont Office of Child Support, VocRehab Vermont, Invest EAP, the Vermont Judiciary, and the Vermont Association of Business Industry and Rehabilitation (VABIR).