OCS has a new web-based calculator that makes it easier for you to figure out your child support payments!
- As of January 1, 2019:
- The regular FICA rate is 0.0765
- The maximum self-employment adjustment is $847.24
- The maximum FICA-covered wages or self-employment income is $11,075
- Effective July 1, 2019, the Presumed Income is $70,378.50
- Effective February 18, 2019, the Self Support Reserve is $1,249
The Guidelines Calculation tables were updated on January 2, 2016. The next review and update of the Guidelines Calculation tables is scheduled for completion by January 2, 2020. The reviewing body for that process consists of the following:
- The Interagency Committee on Administrative Rules (ICAR): (http://aoa.vermont.gov/content/icar)
- The Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules (LCAR): http://legislature.vermont.gov/committee/document/2018/39/Date
- Office of Child Support -Supervising Attorney: 1-800-786-3214
- Office of Child Support - Program Coordinator: 1-800-786-3214
- Child Support Guidelines Review For Vermont: Explanation of Preliminary Tables (2019)
This report documents Vermont’s review of its child support guidelines, including reviewing economic data on the cost of raising children and labor market data. Federal regulations require states to review their guidelines at least once every four years.
- Economic Basis of Updated Child Support Tables for Vermont (2015)
This report documents Vermont's review of its child support guidelines.