The Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC) facilitates the placement, across state lines, of children and youth who meet certain criteria.
As a member of the compact, Vermont follows ICPC regulations and procedures.
When The Compact Applies
The compact applies when a child or youth:
- Is under the jurisdiction of a juvenile court by way of a child protection proceeding.
- Has a delinquency proceeding with custody going to someone other than the child’s legal parent.
- Is being placed for the purpose of adoption.
- Is being placed by the parents for residential mental health and behavioral treatment.
|Form 100A - Placement Request (scroll to bottom of page)|
|Instructions for Completing Form 100A (scroll to bottom of page)|
|Form 100B - Report on Child's Placement Status (scroll to bottom of page)|
|Instructions for Completing Form 100B (scroll to bottom of page)|
|Link to Statute|
Patricia "Trissie" Casanova, Deputy Compact Administrator
DCF - Family Services Division
280 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-2401
(802) 735-6104, Patricia.Casanova@vermont.gov
Contact the Deputy Compact Administrator if you are a Vermont resident thinking about placing your child in another state for the purpose of residential treatment or adoption or a resident of another state considering placing a child in Vermont for these purposes.