Skip to main content

Request An Expungement

As long as you are NOT required to be on the Sex Offender Registry, you may request a review to have your name expunged (removed) from the registry once it's been on a certain number of years.

When may I request a review?

How long you have to wait depends on when you were substantiated and your child protection level (if any).

Read page one of this form to learn when you may request an expungement review.

What happens if I request an expungement review?

  1. You’ll get the chance to present information to a reviewer.
  2. You’ll be notified of the decision, which is made by the DCF Commissioner.
  3. If your request is denied, you may appeal to the Human Services Board.

How do I request a review?

  1. Print and complete this request form.
  2. Answer the questions completely & accurately.
  3. Indicate the type of review you're requesting.
  4. Mail your completed and signed form to the address below

Department for Children and Families
Commissioner’s Registry Review Unit 
HC 1 North, 280 State Drive
Waterbury, VT  05671-1080
(802) 241-2321