|1. Talk to the DCF employee involved.
|2. If you don't feel comfortable talking to them or aren't satisfied with their response, contact the supervisor.
3. If the issue is still not settled, contact the appropriate person in the division you’re working with:
- Child Development Division: call 1-800-649-2642 & press "0". Ask for the Operations Manager.
- Disability Determination Services: For a decision on a disability claim, follow the instructions on the notice you received. For other decisions, call Jack McCormack at (802) 241-2463.
- Economic Services Division: call 1-800-479-6151. Ask for the appropriate manager.
- Family Services Division: contact your local district office. Ask for the district director.
- Office of Child Support: contact your regional office. Ask for the manager.
- Office of Economic Opportunity: contact Kristin Lyons at email@example.com.
|4. If the issue is still not resolved, contact the DCF Consumer Concerns Team at:
- Email: AHS.DCFConsumerConcerns@vermont.gov
- Phone: (802) 241-0925
- Mail: Consumer Concerns Team, DCF Commissioner's Office,280 State Drive, HC 1 North, Waterbury, VT 05671-1080. Include your phone number and mailing address on any written correspondence.
|5. Depending on your issue, we may:
- Refer you to someone who can help you find what you are looking for.
- Assign your case to someone in the appropriate division and tell you what is going to happen next.
6. Once your case is assigned, you should hear from someone within a few days.
- The team uses a computer tracking system to make sure consumer concerns/complaints are documented, tracked, and resolved in a respectful and timely way.
- The system alerts staff involved in the case of actions taken and any issues that still need to be resolved.