Skip to main content

Voice A Concern/Make A Complaint

We want to know if you have a concern or complaint about a decision made, action taken, or way you were treated.


1. Talk to the DCF employee involved. If you don't feel comfortable talking to them or aren't satisfied with the response, contact their supervisor.

2. If the issue is still not settled, contact the appropriate person in the division you’re working with:

  • Child Development Division: call 1-800-649-2642 & press "0". Ask for the Operations Manager.
  • Disability Determination Services: For a decision on a disability claim, follow the instructions on the notice you got. For other decisions, call Jack McCormack at (802) 241-2463.
  • Economic Services Division: Call 1-800-479-6151. Ask for the appropriate manager.
  • Family Services Division: Contact your local district office. Ask for the district director.
  • Office of Child Support: Contact your regional office. Ask for the manager.
  • Office of Economic Opportunity: Contact Sarah Phillips at
3. If the issue is still not resolved, contact the DCF Consumer Concerns Team at:
  • Email:
  • Phone: (802) 241-0925
  • Mail: Consumer Concerns Team, DCF Commissioner's Office,280 State Drive, HC 1 North, Waterbury, VT 05671-1080. Include your phone number and mailing address on any written correspondence.