We regularly recruit staff for the following type of work:
- Determine the eligibility of applicants for public benefits
- Do child protection & youth justice work with children, youth and families
- Help Family Services workers with case management & client services
- Recruit, license and support foster parents for children in state custody
Current Job Postings
Go to the VT Department of Human Resources website and click on Job Seekers.
Benefits of Working for the State
Working for the state comes with many benefits, including paid leave, health and dental insurance, pension plan, life insurance and more. To learn more about these benefits:
- Go to the Employee's section of the Vermont Department of Human Resources website
- Go to the New Employee Orientation section of the Vermont Department of Human Resources website
Equal Employment Opportunity Plan
DCF filed the DCF EEOP Utilization Report with the Department of Justice as a requirement of receiving Juvenile Justice Awards. This report analyzes relevant labor market data and our employment practices to identify possible barriers to the participation of women and minorities in all levels of our workforce. Its purpose is to ensure the opportunity for full and equal participation of men and women in the workplace, regardless of race, color or national origin.
The Vermont Department for Children and Families is one of the largest departments in state government. The opportunities for growth and promotion are excellent.