Report Benefits Fraud

Post-Secondary Education Program (PSE)

collegePSE helps eligible parents earn two- or four-year undergraduate college degrees so they can get good paying jobs and support their families. 

If you need financial help while going to college, this program might be right for you!

Who is eligible?


  • With minor, dependent children at home
  • Who live in Vermont
  • With incomes under 150% of the federal poverty level

What help is available?

  • Monthly cash payments
  • Support services
  • Help with childcare, transportation and school supplies

Once your PSE grant closes, we will automatically enroll you in Reach Ahead if you are eligible.

What am I responsible for?

You must:

  • Be accepted into college
  • Secure the funds to cover tuition (e.g., grants, loans and scholarships); the Vermont Student Assistance Corporation may be able to help
  • Agree to work no more than 20 hours a week so you can focus on your education

When can I apply?

You can apply during two periods:

  1. Between March 1 to May 31 – Fall admittance
  2. Between August 1 to October 31 – Spring admittance

How do I apply?

Step 1 - Complete the following forms:

Step 2 - Attach copies of all required supporting documents.

The documents you must submit as part of your application are listed in the above forms.

Step 3 - Submit your application.

Send your completed forms and supporting documents to your local ESD District Office or the address below.

DCF - Economic Services Division
Application and Document Processing Center
280 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-1500

Step 4 - Participate in an interview.

If you apply for PSE, you’ll have to complete an interview — by phone or in person — before we can make a decision about your eligibility. We'll inform you about the interview process after we receive your application.

Where can I learn more?

  • If you have questions about PSE and how to apply, call 1-800-479-6151
  • Print the PSE Rackcard