The Vermont EBT card is how you’ll receive many of your benefits (food & cash) from the Economic Services Division. This includes benefits such as 3SquaresVT, Emergency Assistance, Essential Person, and Reach Up.
How It Works
- We send you an EBT card.
- You select a 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) that you’ll need every time you use your card.
- Your benefits are added to your card on the same date each month depending on the program — even if it falls on a weekend or holiday.
- When you use your card to buy goods or get cash, your account balance decreases accordingly.
Where You Can Use Your EBT Card
You can use your EBT Card at participating stores, ATMs, and farmers’ markets and anywhere you see the QUEST® logo.
- Click here to find stores that accept cards for food benefits (federal USDA website)
- Click here to find ATMs that accept cards for cash benefits (S/C=surcharge)
- Click here to find farmers' markets in Vermont that accept cards
RESTRICTIONS: You cannot use an ATM or make purchases using your cash benefits at any casino, gaming establishment, liquor store or strip club. Any benefits used at restricted locations will have to be repaid.
EBT Customer Service
Call EBT Customer Service (24/7) at 1-800-914-8605 if you:
- Want to report your card as lost, stolen or damaged
- Want to select a PIN
- Have questions or problems using your card
- Need special accommodations because of a disability
- Have limited English and need help understanding this information
EBT Customer Website
You can go to the ebtEdge website to get your account balance, transaction history, and other information about your EBT account.
- If this is your first card, please call 1-800-914-8605 toll free and use the automated system to select your PIN.
- If this is a replacement card, your current PIN will still work.
- If you don’t remember your PIN or you want to change it, call 1-800-914-8605 to select a new one.