The Vermont Department for Children and Families (DCF), Child Development Division (CDD) is pleased to announce a new program to support child care, preschool, and afterschool programs with stabilization, expansion, and quality.
The 2023 Child Care and Early Childhood Education law (Act 76) created the Readiness Payment Program (see full program overview (PDF)) to support child care, preschool, and afterschool programs to "get ready" for the expansion of the Child Care Financial Assistance Program (CCFAP) and other changes in Act 76.
Programs have flexibility in how they use the payments to support stability, expansion, and quality. Providers and program leaders are encouraged to think strategically about how to invest these additional dollars to achieve their goals of serving children and families.
To be eligible for this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have an active Registered or Licensed Family Child Care Home (FCCH), Center Based Child Care and Preschool Program (CBCCPP), or Afterschool Child Care Program (ASP) license from the State of Vermont.
- Be open and serving children as of the date of your application.
- Intend to stay open and serving children through at least June 2025.
- Accept or are willing to accept payments from CCFAP on behalf of children in your care or be a Head Start recipient.
- Have completed the final ARPA Stabilization funding report (if applicable).
Payments amounts will be determined based on a formula that reflects the Readiness Payment Program’s intention to support stabilization, expansion, and quality within programs. The formula was designed based on priorities identified in Act 76, feedback collected via survey from early childhood and afterschool programs in July 2023, and what worked in the ARPA Stabilization Program.
Details about the formula and how to estimate your payment amount can be found in the Program Overview Presentation (PDF).
Payments will be made from September 2023 through February 2024. There is potential for additional payments before June 30th, 2024, if funds remain.
Programs will receive the same overall payment amount regardless of when they apply, if funds remain.
How To Apply
Apply today and start receiving payments in September! It only takes 10 minutes and can be done from a mobile device.
- We will accept applications (see the sample application (PDF)) until all available funds are committed or until February 9th, 2024, whichever occurs first.
- Submit one application per license.
- Only apply once to receive a fixed monthly payment.
- Applications will be processed within ten business days of receipt. Please respond to any requests for additional information or clarification in a timely manner; your application will only be considered complete once your response is received.
We have developed Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) to help you with this process. We also have a dedicated team ready and available to support you. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com with questions about this program and for technical assistance to complete the application.