Under Vermont law, you may request a search of Vermont's Child Protection Registry on yourself if you believe you've been substantiated for child abuse/neglect.
How do I request a search?
- Complete a Request for a Child Protection Registry Check: SELF.
- Have the form notarized by an official notary public.
- Mail your completed form, by US Postal Service, to the address at the bottom of the form.
- If you've chosen to get the results by mail, include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
What happens next?
- If you're entitled to a search, we'll do our best to complete it within 25 business days.
- We'll notify you of our findings in writing.
- If your name is found on the registry, we'll tell you:
- The date and nature of the finding
- The process for:
Where can I learn more?
- Read the Child Protection Registry brochure.
- Call DCF’s Family Services Division at (802) 871-6474.