The information below is for people substantiated for child abuse and neglect in Vermont.
May I request a review?
As long as you are NOT required to be on the Sex Offender Registry, you may request a review to have your name expunged (removed) from the registry once it's been on a certain number of years. How long you have to wait depends on:
- When you were substantiated
- Your child protection level (if any)
When may I request a review?
Read page 1 of this form to learn when you may request an expungement review.
What happens if I request an expungement review?
- You’ll get the chance to present information to a reviewer. They’ll consider factors such as:
- The nature & number of substantiations
- How much time has passed
- If it’s likely to happen again
- Things you’ve done to change
- References to your character
- You’ll be notified of the decision, which is made by the DCF Commissioner.
- If your request is denied, you may appeal to the Human Services Board.
How do I request a review?
- If you may request an expungement review at this time, print and complete this form.
- Answer the questions completely & accurately. We cannot process your request unless it's complete.
- Indicate the type of review you're asking for.
- Mail your completed and signed form to the address below
Department for Children and Families
Commissioner’s Registry Review Unit
HC 1 North, 280 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-1080