Information for Referring Agencies: YDP, FSD, FSH, Reach Up & CE
►Read the FUP APPENDIX for details about the process, priorities and definitions.
►View the FUP Referral Process Webinar to learn about making referrals and the roles of VSHA and DCF in the process.
OVERVIEW OF THE REFERRAL & APPLICATION PROCESS
- Identify families & youth who may be eligible for & interested in FUP.
- Do an initial screen for eligibility.
- Make sure required case management is in place (at least 12 months for families and 36 months for youth).
- Complete the fillable PROGRAM REFERRAL FORM. Get it signed by the appropriate supervisor, district director or district manager.
- Complete and sign the fillable DOCUMENTATION OF INADEQUATE HOUSING FORM.
- Email your completed forms to AHS.DCFFUVReferrals@vermont.gov.
IF A VOUCHER BECOMES AVAILABLE FOR YOUR CLIENT
DCF Central Office staff will ask you to:
- Help your client complete VSHA's Pre-Application for Family Unification Voucher.
- Have the Documentation of Inadequate Housing Form recertified if it’s more than 60 days old.
- Email the completed forms to AHS.DCFFUVReferrals@vermont.gov.
- If case management has changed, update the Program Referral Form and send it to AHS.DCFFUVReferrals@vermont.gov.
VSHA staff will ask the client to:
- Submit the full VSHA HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM: APPLICATION FOR ASSISTANCE with verifications and releases.
- Complete the FAMILY UNIFICATION PROGRAM CHECKLIST to make sure they have everything needed.