From June 30, 2022 to November 1, 2022, only FUP referrals with FSD involvement will be accepted. Read this memo to learn more.
Information for referring agencies: YDP, FSD, FSH, Reach Up & CE
Please review the FUP Referral Process Training for important guidance on getting signatures during the COVID-19 outbreak.
►Read the FUP APPENDIX for details about process, priorities and definitions.
►View the FUP Referral Process Training to learn about the process and roles of VSHA and DCF.
► Read the FUP Priority Changes Memo.
OVERVIEW OF THE REFERRAL & APPLICATION PROCESS
- Identify families & youth who may be eligible for & interested in FUP.
- Do an initial screen for eligibility.
- Make sure required case management is in place (at least 12 months for families and 36 months for youth).
- Complete the fillable PROGRAM REFERRAL FORM. Get it signed by the appropriate supervisor, district director or district manager.
- Complete and sign the fillable DOCUMENTATION OF INADEQUATE HOUSING FORM.
- Complete VSHA's Pre-Application for Family Unification Voucher. Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, case managers may phone verify and sign this form on behalf of clients. When doing so, please make a note that you are taking this action because of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Email your completed forms to AHS.DCFFUVReferrals@vermont.gov.
IF A VOUCHER BECOMES AVAILABLE FOR YOUR CLIENT
DCF Central Office staff will ask you to:
1. Complete and submit the following forms:
2. Update any information that has changed on previously submitted forms.
3. Recertify your forms if they are older than 60 days.
Email your completed, updated and recertified forms to AHS.DCFFUVReferrals@vermont.gov.
VSHA staff will ask the client to:
- Submit the full VSHA HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM: APPLICATION FOR ASSISTANCE with verifications and releases.
- Complete the FAMILY UNIFICATION PROGRAM CHECKLIST to make sure they have everything needed.