**New Housing Retention Service**
CVOEO offers direct supports to CHVP participants and landlords. The goal is to make sure voucher holders are stably housed through lease renewals and voucher transfers, until viable long-term solutions are in place. Service is primarily referral-based. Reasons to refer include hearing of non-renewal notices, termination of tenancy or eviction notices, disputes with the landlord, and non-compliance with a lease agreement. Housing support workers should contact Wendy Rowe at (802) 660-3455 x 111 or email@example.com or complete an online referral form to request CHVP housing retention services.
Information For Local Housing Support Workers
- CARES: Assistance with Moving Costs
- CARES Procedures Visual
- CARES Housing Voucher to Housing Choice Voucher
- Policies & Procedures
- VSHA’s Forward Motion and Straight Forward Presentation - CARES Statewide Meeting on 11.18.21
- CARES FSH VERAP Training
- CARES Housing Choice Voucher Training / Q&A with VSHA Staff
STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS
Step 1: Identify applicants through the Coordinated Entry Process.
Applicants will be referred to you from the local Master List.
Step 2: Help applicant complete the application.
Make sure the CARES application is fully completed, includes all the required supporting documents, and is signed by everyone required to sign it.
Step 3: Submit the application and supporting documents to CVOEO.
- Mail: Cares Housing Voucher, PO Box 1603, Burlington, VT 05402.
- Email: If you can do so securely, send it by email.
- Online: Upload documents securely here. If possible, consolidate all the documents into just one file. Name it as follows: County-Client's Initials-Worker's Initials-Support Agency's Name. For example: Lamoille-LB-JS-HousingResourceCenter.
Step 4: CVOEO staff will review the application.
If the application is complete and they are eligible, CVOEO will send the applicant a pre-approval letter outlining the next steps.
Step 5: Help the applicant to find housing.
Step 6: CVOEO will finalize the CARES Housing Voucher.
Project Requirements & Forms
- Extension Request Form
- Appendix A - Definition of Homelessness & Documentation Requirements
- Appendix B - Income Verification & Client Portion of Rent
- Appendix C - Fair Market Rent & Rent Reasonableness
- Appendix D - Determining Unit Size
- Appendix E - Housing Inspection
- Appendix F. Coordinated Entry Prioritization & Verification
- Appendix G - CARES Housing Voucher Application
- Appendix H -
- Appendix I - VAWA Requirements
- Appendix J - Client Notice of Rights
- Appendix K - Lease Addendum
- Appendix L - VAWA Property Owner Rights
- Appendix M - VAWA Certifications
- Appendix N - Emergency Transfer Request
- Appendix O - VAWA Release
- Appendix P - Self-Declaration of Housing Status
- Appendix Q - Information for Landlords
- Appendix R - Income Self-Certification Form
- Appendix S - CHVP Grievance & Appeal Process
- Appendix T - Request for Increase in Rental Assistance
- Appendix U - Voucher Transfer Request
- Appendix V - CARES Housing Voucher Review Form