Seeking Part-Time Registry Reviewer
Simplified Bid #: 03440-17FSD-196
Title of Work: DCF Commissioner’s Registry Reviewer
Location: Southern Vermont, including Bennington, Rutland, Brattleboro & Springfield
Compensation: $26 per hour, plus mileage reimbursement for approved travel
Schedule: Part-time / maximum 24 hours per week
Initial term: 01/01/2018 – 06/30/2019 (18 months)
This is a part-time contracted position with the DCF Commissioner's Registry Review Unit.
- Meeting with individuals substantiated for child abuse or neglect
- Reviewing information provided about each case
- Determining whether DCF met policy and legal requirements in reaching its decision
- Reviewing petitions to expunge peoples’ names from the Child Protection Registry
Work is primarily home based, but does involve travel to state offices. The work schedule is flexible. The successful bidder must undergo and pass all background checks deemed necessary by the State before the contract can be awarded.
HOW TO RESPOND
If you are interested in this contracted position, send the items requested below by email to AHS.DCFFSDRFP@vermont.gov or by mail to DCF Commissioner's Registry Review Unit, 280 State Drive, HC 1 North, Waterbury, VT 05671-1080.
Deadline: If you send it by email, we must receive your response by midnight on November 22, 2017. If you send it by mail, it must be postmarked no later than November 22, 2017.
You must include all the following to be considered:
- Summary of your interest/experience in this work (refer to Work Specifications that follow)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Copies of any licenses or certifications held
- Contact information, including your name, address, phone number and email
- A copy of your auto insurance policy. Coverage should be at least $100,000 per occurrence / $300,000 aggregate
The contractor will:
- Conduct reviews of State substantiation determinations in accordance with 33 V.S.A. Chapter 49 and departmental policy and procedures, including:
- Coordinating logistics with administrative staff
- Communicating with registry staff, grievants, and others as appropriate
- Completing reviews in a timely manner
- Sending determination letters to the State and grievants
- Conduct reviews of petitions to expunge names from the registry, in accordance with 33 V.S.A., Chapter 4916c.
- Cooperate with monitoring efforts of contract manager.
- Maintain the confidentiality of individuals participating in the review process as required by law and regulation.
- Attend all required trainings and meetings.
- Advise contract manager of any issues that arise during reviews regarding policy & procedure.
- Turn over all information gathered and produced while conducting reviews under this contract to the State.
- Abide by the customary state contract provisions (to be provided).
PROVIDED BY THE STATE
- Administrative support
- Technical support on issues of departmental policy and procedures
- Monitoring of contractor’s performance for quality assurance and compliance with law, regulation and policy
- A laptop computer and IT support (IT support does not cover home networking issues)
- A departmental partner email account and telephone service to conduct work under this contract
- Training and access to the Registry Review database and other databases as necessary
- Commercial general liability, professional liability, and worker’s compensation insurance for the contractor will be covered and paid by the State on behalf of the contractor
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 10 years’ experience in a human services-related field; or
- Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience in a human services-related field.