Children’s Advocacy Centers/Special Investigation Units
CAC’s and SIU’s coordinate multi-agency responses to child sexual abuse investigations and provide advocacy to child victims and their families.
- Statewide Chapter - Vermont Children’s Alliance: (802) 735-7984 or 379-8846
- Addison County - Addison County SIU: (802) 274-5724
- Bennington County - Bennington County CAC & SIU: (802) 442-5107
- Caledonia & Southern Essex: Caledonia County SIU: (802) 424-1227
- Chittenden County - Children’s Advocacy Center at CUSI: (802) 652-0391
- Franklin & Grand Isle Counties - Northwest SIU: (802) 524-7961
- Lamoille County - Lamoille County SIU: (802) 888-0558
- Orange County - Orange County SIU: (802) 685-4712
- Orleans, Caledonia, and Northern Essex Counties - Orleans County CAC & Northeast Kingdom SIU: (802) 334-6002
- Rutland County - Child First CAC & Rutland SIU: (802) 747-0200
- Washington County - O.U.R. House of Central Vermont, (802) 476-8825
- Windham County - Windham County Safe Place CAC & SIU: (802) 579-1358
- Windsor County -
- CAC at The Family Place and Windsor County SIU: (802) 295-3882
- CAC at the Springfield Area Parent Child Center: (802) 295-3882
Vermont Center for Crime Victim Services
1-800-750-1213, (802) 241-1250, www.ccvs.state.vt.us
Provides information for victims of crime in Vermont, including the Vermont Victim Services Resource Directory; supports and guides victims through the criminal justice system; and provides limited financial assistance to victims of violent crime.
Helplines & Hotlines - Vermont
- Child Abuse Hotline (24/7): 1-800-649-5285
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-228-7395
- Parent’s Helpline: 1-800-244-5373 during business hours
- Sexual Violence Hotline: 1-800-489-7273
Mental Health Services
Community Mental Health Centers
Call (802) 241-2601 or go to http://mentalhealth.vermont.gov/individuals-and-families/designated-agencies for a list of mental health agencies that provide services to children and families.
Substance Abuse Treatment Providers
Call (802) 651-1550 or go to http://healthvermont.gov/adap/treatment/treatment_county.aspx for a directory of treatment providers.
Support / Services
Dial 2-1-1 or go to vermont211.org for help connecting to government programs, community-based organizations, and support groups—24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
VT Network Against Domestic and Sexual Violence: Call (802) 223-1302 to connect to the nearest agency for information, crisis support and referrals.
Stop It Now's Online Help Center
Go to http://www.stopitnow.org/help-guidance/online-help-center to search for the information and guidance you need.
NetSmartz - www.netsmartz.org - The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children’s website about internet and technology safety — for parents, teens, and educators.
Vermont Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Sexual Abuse - http:/humanservices.vermont.gov/center-for-prevention-and-treatment-of-sexual-abuse - The Center is mandated by Vermont law to coordinate and oversee the state’s systematic response to sexual assault and child sexual abuse. You will find many resources here.