Use this online application to apply for:
Step One - Gather information about the people living in your home
- Dates of birth and Social Security numbers for all those applying for benefits
- Pay stubs for earned income
- Check stubs for unearned income (e.g., alimony, child support, Unemployment Insurance)
- Information about your resources (e.g., bank accounts, investments & property)
- Household bills (e.g., fuel, phone and electric)
Step Two - Read the information below
- To get the ball rolling sooner, you may choose to submit an incomplete application as long as it includes your name, address, and electronic signature. Complete & submit the rest of the application soon after.
- If you're applying for 3SquaresVT, we'll ask you questions to see if you're eligible for benefits within 7 days.
- While you don’t have to provide SSNs for people not applying, you need to give information such as their incomes and resources.
- Only U.S. citizens and certain legal immigrants can get benefits. If your household includes people not eligible because of their immigration status, you can still apply for those who are eligible.
- You don’t have to provide immigration information for people not applying, but you do need to give information such as their incomes and resources.
Step Three - Complete & Submit the Application
- Answer the questions completely and honestly
- Complete all information marked with a red asterisk*
- Read your rights and responsibilities
- Sign and submit your application
Step Four - Participate in an interview if required
If you apply for 3SquaresVT or Reach Up, you’ll have to complete an interview before we can make a decision about your eligibility. We'll inform you about the interview process after you apply.
Step Five - Send any additional documents requested.
Use the uploader to send us documents securely — from your computer, phone or tablet. This includes copies of things like immigration documents, pay stubs, and bills.
Follow the steps in the Uploader Instructions.
Other Things You Should Know About Your Application
- If you submit it after 4:30PM or on a weekend or holiday, the filing date is the next business day.
- If you don't submit it within 30 days, your information will be deleted and you'll have to start over.
- If you're applying for 3SquaresVT, read this important information about 3SquaresVT.