SEEKING Woodside Due Process Hearing Officer
Location: Woodside Juvenile Rehabilitation Center in Colchester, Vermont
Compensation: Base rate subject to negotiation
Schedule: Part-time / Tuesday and Friday mornings, occasional other mornings
Initial term: Two-year contract with the option for two additional one-year extensions
All children/youth administratively placed at the Woodside Juvenile Rehabilitation Center are entitled to a hearing to determine whether they meet the criteria for continued placement once they have been there for 8 days (including weekends and holidays). An 8-day hearing must be held to keep a child/youth at Woodside beyond these 8 days. A child/youth admitted on any day of the week will reach their eighth day on the same day the following week.
DCF’s Family Services Division is seeking a contractor to preside as the Hearing Officer at these reviews. The Contractor agrees to work under the supervision of the Program Manager and provide the following deliverables:
- Be available on Tuesday and Friday mornings of every week (unless an exception is mutually agreed to) and paid for this availability.
- Be physically present at Woodside for early morning hearings twice a week.
- Conduct administrative Woodside placement hearings in accordance with State Policies, including FSD Policy 171:Woodside Juvenile Rehabilitation Center Admissions which can be found at https://dcf.vermont.gov/fsd/policies. This includes:
- Making pre-hearing decisions about timeliness of submitted documents and waivers for attendance.
- Presiding over the hearings.
- Reviewing the Woodside 8-Day Hearing Tool to make a determination about continued placement.
- Setting a date for discharge if applicable.
- Experience acting as a hearing officer in an administrative or judicial setting.
- Experience in the past five years providing services to abused, neglected, delinquent or at-risk youth.
- Experience with DCF, Woodside or similar systems of care.
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN THIS CONTRACT
Submit a written proposal in response to the posted request for proposals.