Helping child care providers with Covid-related costs
CRRSA grants are available to help child care providers and programs with additional costs associated with COVID-19.
Who can apply for a grant?
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a registered or licensed Family Child Care Home (FCCH), Center-Based Child Care and Preschool Program (CBCCPP), or Afterschool Child Care Program (ASP) as of March 31, 2021. Having a provisional license counts. AND
- Be located in Vermont. AND
- Be serving Vermont children or plan to be serving Vermont children by June 30, 2021.
Child care programs that have been suspended or have had their licenses revoked are not eligible.
How much is available?
The grant amount will be determined using a formula. The total grant awarded to each program will depend on the total number of applications received
What can the funds be used for?
Grants may be used in any of the following single or combination of categories of spending. The categories can vary month to month.
- PPE and other mitigation strategies to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Capital improvement projects
- Occupancy (e.g., rent, insurance, mortgage, utilities)
- Replenishment of lost revenue and/or reduced enrollment
- Professional development or technical assistance
Grantees will be required to submit a report documenting the categories of spending for prior months.
DCF decisions around eligibility and award amounts are final and not reviewable.
What is the deadline?
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on March 31, 2021. Please submit one application per license.
How to apply?
The application is available here: https://form.jotform.com/210536711380044
Where can I learn more?
- Read answers to Frequently-Asked Questions.
- Watch the recording of a webinar held on March 16th, 2021: https://youtu.be/-Jg-VApkM3I.