Eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit?
As of June 2020, about 33,000 eligible VT workers and families had received an average EITC refund of $2,100. Unfortunately, only about 78% of eligible recipients nationwide file for this credit.
Do you qualify?
EITC is for workers whose income in 2020 does not exceed the following limits:
- $50,954 ($56,844 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
- $47,7440 ($53,330 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
- $41,756 ($47,646 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
- $15,820 ($21,710 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children
** Investment income must be $3,650 or less
Find out if your child qualifies you for the Earned Income Tax Credit.
Take the credit you are due.
The amount of the EITC credit you could get depends on the amount you earned, whether you are married or single, and the number of qualifying children you have.
It ranges from:
- $11 to $6,660 with three or more qualifying children
- $10 to $5,920 with two qualifying children
- $9 to $3,584 with one qualifying child
- $2 to $538 with no qualifying children
Don’t miss out!
If you qualify, you must file a federal income tax return and claim the credit to get it, even if you owe no tax or aren’t required to file a return.
Find out if you are eligible at www.IRS.gov/eitc.