Second Economic Impact Payments
05 January 2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
To be eligible, a person must generally:
- Have a valid work-eligible Social Security number.
- Meet income requirements.
- Not be the dependent of someone else.
Note: Eligibility expanded for some families. Visit IRS.gov/EIP for details.
HOW MUCH YOU CAN GET
- Individuals: Eligible individuals with adjusted gross income up to $75,000 on a 2019 federal tax return will receive the full $600 payment.
- Married couples: Eligible married couples with adjusted gross income up to $150,000 on a joint return for 2019 will receive the full $1,200 payment.
- Children: People can also get an additional $600 for each qualifying child under 17.
- Most people don’t need to take any steps to get a payment.
- You can check the status of your payment using the IRS Get My Payment Tool.
- Your EIP card will be sent in a white envelope from “Economic Impact Payment Card” and will display the U.S. Department of the Treasury Seal.
- Information included in the envelope will explain that this is your Economic Impact Payment.
If you receive an EIP Card, visit EIPcard.com for more information.