The Department for Children and Families (DCF) will run a grant program to assist in the additional costs associated with COVID to provide care to Vermont’s children. The grant amount will be determined using a formula. The total grant awarded to each program will be dependent on the number of applications and information collected in the applications. If you wish to apply for this grant you must meet all the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a Registered or Licensed Family Child Care Home (FCCH), Center Based Child Care and Preschool Programs (CBCCPP), or Afterschool Child Care Programs (ASP) license (includes provisional licenses) as of 3/31/2021
- Be located in Vermont
- Be currently serving Vermont children OR plan to be serving Vermont children by June 30, 2021
Applications were due by March 31, 2021. Child care programs that have been suspended or had their license revoked are not eligible.
Grantees will receive a grant award based on a formula. Grant awards may be used in any of the following single or combination of categories, and the categories can vary month to month.
Categories of Spending:
- PPE and other mitigation strategies to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Capital Improvement Projects
- Occupancy (rent, insurance, mortgage, utilities, etc.)
- Replenishment of Lost Revenue and/or Reduced Enrollment
- Professional Development or Technical Assistance
Grantees will be required to submit a report documenting the prior months categories of spending.
DCF decisions around eligibility and award amounts are final and not reviewable.
- Answers to commonly asked questions are available in our Frequently Asked Questions document.
- An optional information webinar was held on Tuesday, March 16th, 2021 from 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM. A recording of that webinar is available on YouTube here https://youtu.be/-Jg-VApkM3I
To contact someone about the grant please email AHS.DCFCRRSAgrant@vermont.gov. Questions will be answered at the webinar and through Frequently Asked Questions.
Programs will need to submit a monthly report by the 5th of each month in order to receive your next monthly payment. Only one monthly report is necessary even if you have multiple grant awards for multiple licenses. Just list the licenses that received grant awards in the appropriate space on the form and check all categories of spending for all licenses on this one report. The monthly reporting form can be found here https://form.jotform.com/210706154235043 . Please note: the first monthly report is due May 5, 2021. Please do not submit your first form until you receive the monthly reminder.
After you receive your last monthly payment, you will be required to submit a final report showing the total amounts spent per license, per category. This time you will submit one final report for each license that received a grant award, this form can be found here https://form.jotform.com/210733745638157 .