The Vermont DCF Child Development Division maintains this webpage to publish funding opportunities for qualifying organizations. The documents, answers to questions, and other supporting documentation will be posted here. To receive email updates from the division sign up at our email mailing list.
Request for Application (RFA) Opportunities
The Child Development Division is offering an opportunity to apply for a Special Accommodation Grant. The grants can be used to hire a qualified assistant to support the safe and successful inclusion of a child(ren) with special needs in maintaining placement in a Specialized Child Care Program, while the program expands staff skills and capacity to improve inclusive practice. Specialized Child Care Programs must complete the application in full and apply on behalf of a child. To be eligible programs must be:
- Be a Vermont regulated child care program that is approved to provide Specialized Child Care; AND
- Be caring for children with specialized needs.
Programs can apply for funds to support children who:
- Have an active plan with a child-serving agency or the public school that address their specialized need(s); AND
- Presence of a documented physical, medical, or behavioral challenge that is causing a safety risk to the child or others within the child care setting, OR
- An open case with the Family Services Division (FSD), including children adopted through the Department of Children and Families (DCF).
Answers to questions are available on this document - RFA Answers to Questions Submitted
Applications are due by June 14th, 2020 – 4:30PM (EST) and must be submitted based on the requirements of the Request for Proposals outlined in the Special Accommodation Grant Request for Proposal document and must include the Special Accommodation Grant Application.