- The Vermont DCF Child Development Division maintains this webpage to publish funding opportunities for qualifying organizations. The documents, answers to questions, and other supporting documentation will be posted here. To receive email updates from the division sign up at our email mailing list.
Request for Application (RFA) Opportunities
The Child Development Division (CDD) is requesting applications from qualified organizations interested in administering and implementing Vermont's Child Care Apprenticeship Program. The current Vermont Child Care Apprenticeship Program utilizes Vermont T.E.A.C.H Early Childhood ® scholarships administered through Vermont Association for the Education of Young Children ("VTAEYC") to cover the cost of the college coursework for registered apprentices.
The Vermont T.E.A.C.H program will work in partnership with the grantee and the Vermont Departement of Labor ("DOL") to support the enrolled students. The DOL oversees all apprenticeship programs in Vermont and sets the requirements that apprenticeship programs must follow.
Through this grant, the selected organization will:
- Recruit, orient and support candidates and apprentices for the Vermont Child Care Apprenticeship Program
- Recruit and support sponsor early childhood programs to host apprentices
- Recruit and support qualified mentors to work with apprentices
- Ensure compliance with all Department of Labor requirements including participant compliance
Successful implementation will contribute to the strength of Vermont's early childhood education workforce.
Answers to questions received:
Complete response to the RFA must be submitted by March 15th, 2020.
For more information please read the complete Request for Applications document.