Act 76 (H.217), an act related to child care and early childhood education, became law on June 20, 2023. The law makes major investments in Vermont’s child care system, and mandates policy changes that will impact child care in both early childhood and school-age settings.
How is CDD responding to Act 76?
CDD is actively working to implement Act 76 and is partnering with other state agencies and community partners to carry out the law. Some elements of the law went into effect on July 1, 2023; others will roll out over the next two years.
Status Updates & Feedback Opportunities
As updates are available, we will communicate through the following:
- Status & Summary Chart (PDF) – Breaks the Act into smaller chunks of work and provides status, timeline, and resources for each work item.
- Email - Subscribe to our email list.
- Our blog
We will offer opportunities for providing feedback where we can in this process. We strongly encourage families, child care providers, community members, and other interested parties to monitor/subscribe to the above for when opportunities become available.
Tools & Resources
- Act 76 Overview - Webinar Presentation Slides (PDF)
- Act 76 Overview - Webinar Recording (YouTube)
- Child Care Financial Assistance Program (CCFAP) Current & Future State Rates (PDF)
- Notice to Child Care Programs on Tuition Rates (PDF)
- Memo – Program Director Time On-Site (PDF)
- Memo - Tuition Rates & Allowability of Additional Fees (PDF)
- PreKindergarten Education Implementation Committee
- Child Care Contribution | Department of Taxes (vermont.gov)
Business Planning Support
- Visit First Children’s Finance's website to learn how they can support Vermont child care, preschool, and afterschool programs with business planning related to Act 76.
- Act 76 Training Series – Short videos on how the act may affect your child care business.
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will get back to you directly.