The Child Development Division is proposing changes to the Center Based Child Care and Preschool Programs (CBCCPP) Regulations.
The proposed rules contain the following:
- A reduction duplication and adapts the rules for Public School Prekindergarten Programs (PSPP) and/or any Center Based Child Care and Preschool Programs (CBCCPP) located in a public school building.
- Changes to the breastfeeding regulations,
- Changes to background clearance regulations,
- Changes to CPR and first aid regulations to comply with federal requirements,
- Changes to lead water testing regulations to align with state law enacted in 2019,
- Changes to provisional licensure regulations, and
- Updating the name of the Community College of Vermont's professional development system.
As a result of these proposed revisions, CBCCPP section 1.3 has been amended to align with these changes.
The Child Development Divison accepted public comments on these proposed changes from January 24th, 2020 - March 13th,2020 through virtual hearings, survey and mailing. Those comments were used to revise the regulations. The revisions have now been submitted to the Vermont Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules (LCAR). This is the final step in the process to finalize the rules. Below are the filing documents, responses to public comment, a clean version of the final proposed rules, and a version of the proposed rules with the edits.
- Documents used to file with the Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules
- Final Proposed Rule - Clean Version
- Final Proposed rule with Edits
- Responses to Public Comment
- Memo to LCAR about additional proposed revisions 6/24/2020
The Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules is hearing testimony on these rules June 29th, 2020. This step in the process is the final step and the Committee evaluates if the Division followed the requirements to promulgate the regulations. If you are interested in this final step you can visit the committee's page on the Legislature website.