Information for Child Care Programs, Children's Integrated Services Providers and CDD Grantees and Contractors
This page contains specific guidance from the Child Development Division for child care, preschool and afterschool programs, Children's Integrated Services providers, and the Division's grantees and contractors.
Statewide Coronavirus Information
The Vermont Department of Health website has health information, guidance and updates on the status of the Coronavirus at www.healthvermont.gov/covid19
Information for Essential Persons Looking for Child Care
Let's Grow Kids has developed a web form to help collect information to connect the families of essential workers with child care in schools and licensed child care programs that are operating to provide services now through April 6, 2020, while school dismissal and general child care service closures are in effect. Families can also call 2-1-1 ext. 6.
Eligible families can complete the form and the State, through the Agency of Education for school-aged children through grade 8 and Child Development Division for younger children, will work to connect essential workers who need child care with options for their children. Essential workers who need help finding child care should visit: https://webportalapp.com/webform/essentialworkers or call 2-1-1 ext. 6
Information for Child Care, Preschool and Afterschool Programs
- Child Care Program Financial Support for Providers During COVID-19 Closure Period
- Financial Incentives to Child Care Programs for Serving COVID-19 Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce
- Child Care Financial Assistance During COVID-19 Response - Frequently Asked Questions and Examples
- Frequently Asked Questions - Child Care Programs Updated 3/18/2020
- Health Guidance for Childcare and Schools Providing Childcare for Essential Persons
- Guidance about the Governor's directive on 3/17/2020 for child care programs
- Guidance for Child Care programs and school districts specific to the Governor's directive - jointly issued from the Agencies of Human Services and Education - 3/17/2020
- Current list of individuals employed in the fields that are considered "Essential Persons" for the COVID-19 response
Public Act 166 questions: AOE released a document titled "Supplemental Guidance for Superintendents: Child Care for Essential Persons."
Financial Supports for Child Care Programs Related to COVID-19
- Guidance related to Child Care Financial Assistance (CCFAP) payments and child care closures or child absences from 3/18/2020 - 4/5/2020
Information for Children's Integrated Services (CIS) Partners
- CIS Guidance specific to COVID-19 - 3/19/2020
- Guidance and Protocol for Specialized Child Care Coordinators during COVID-19 - 3/25/2020