Child Care Quality Program Administrator Job Opening
Application Deadline: 9/12/2018
Job id: 623586
Vermont’s Child Development Division seeks a dynamic systems leader to join our team as the Child Care Quality Program Administrator. This position will work with the Child Development Division’s Child Care Team, primarily leading and supporting the work of the Statewide Systems & Community Collaborations Unit. The Statewide Systems & Community Collaborations Unit oversees and/or supports aspects of the following statewide early childhood and afterschool systems: Vermont’s Quality Recognition and Improvement System for regulated child care programs (STARS - Step Ahead Recognition System); Vermont’s Early Childhood Professional Development System housed at Northern Lights @ CCV; Head Start and early Head Start through our Head Start Collaboration Office; Prevention Programs/Initiatives including Vermont’s 15 Parent Child Centers, The Strengthening Families grant program and other prevention related activities; and Universal Prekindergarten.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and supervising a team;
- Leading efforts to develop implement and improve statewide quality systems in early childhood development and afterschool programs;
- Management and monitoring of grants and contracts, following State of Vermont policies and procedures including using Results Based Accountability (RBA);
- Monitoring of state and federal appropriations and investments in quality systems;
- Collaboration and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders and community partners, including change management processes; and
- Leadership on quality systems and relevant services administered/overseen by CDD.
Minimum and desirable qualifications include: A Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood development, early education or in a related human service field and two years at a professional level in public administration, human services administration, or early childhood administration. Experience and knowledge working at the systems level including continuous quality improvement practices for systems and change management practices.
Desired skills: Experience building lasting relationships with community and state partners; analytical and “big picture” thinking; confidence, resilience and accountability; clear, effective verbal and written communication including speaking to large groups of people and writing concise reports. Visionary leadership including: communicating a vision and making it a reality; inspiring others and willingness to make tough decisions. Supervisory experience with a reflective supervision style. Experience with the Quality Systems described above is a plus.
This position's primary office will be located in Waterbury.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
For more information about the position visit the VT Department of Human Resources website: http://humanresources.vermont.gov/careers; job id 623586