The Child Development Division will be holding a public hearing on the Child Care and Development Funds (CCDF) and the state's plan for those funds on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
The Child Care and Development Block Grant provides federal Child Care and Development Funds (CCDF) to states in order to improve access to affordable high quality child care services for low income working families. CCDF is also used to support information and child care referral services for families and support and improve the quality of child care services in states.
All states are required to submit a plan to the federal Office of Child Care in the Agency of Health and Human Services for the use of CCDF and state matching and maintenance of effort funds every two years. Vermont’s current plan (FFY 2016-2018) is available on-line at http://dcf.vermont.gov/sites/dcf/files/CDD/Reports/CCDF_VT_STATE_PLAN_2016.pdf
A proposed draft plan for Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2019-2020 is being developed. The current draft is available below. This plan was developed using a draft template from the federal government and will be adapted to the final plan format when it becomes available. Additional edits are being added to the plan and will be available by May 23rd. A link is available below to submit comments on the plan through an online survey.
Comments on the state's plan can be made in a variety of ways:
- Submit comments online through this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019_CCDF_Plan_Comments
- Mail comments to CCDF Comments, Child Development Division, NOB 1 North, 280 State Drive, Waterbury, VT 05671-1040
- Attend the public hearing on May 23rd, 2018 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM in person, by phone or by Skype for Business. See information below for details about the hearing.
Public Hearing Details
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Cherry B Conference Room
Waterbury State of Vermont Office Complex
280 State Drive, Waterbury, VT
- To attend in person, please let RSVP at this link: https://form.jotform.com/81215395749162
This will place your name on the list for the security of the building and make entry into the building quicker for you. In addition, you will need to bring a form of identification, such as a driver's license, to show to security when you arrive.
- To attend by phone you can call 1-802-552-8456, and then enter conference room number 38955706
- To attend via Skype for Business, please click on this link at the time of the meeting: Join Skype Meeting. Please note that if you click on this link on a mobile device it will require you to download Skype for Business app to continue, this is a free and safe application. Joining through the link will require the device/computer to have a microphone and speakers, a headset is recommended.
If you plan to attend the hearing by phone or Skype for Business you do not need to RSVP to the event.