Center Based Child Care and Preschool Program (CBCCPP) Regulations Changes
We have created a document that includes highlights of the changes, and it is available on our website - https://dcf.vermont.gov/cdd/laws-regs/childcare. It is important to remember that all licensees who hold a current license to operate a Center Based Child Care and Preschool Program on September 1, 2020, have until December 1, 2020 to read and understand the changes to the rules.
The Division will be mailing a copy of the new regulations to each Center Based Child Care and Preschool Program in September.
The proposed rules contain the following:
- A reduction duplication and adapts the rules for Public School Prekindergarten Programs (PSPP) and/or any Center Based Child Care and Preschool Programs (CBCCPP) located in a public school building.
- Changes to the breastfeeding regulations,
- Changes to background clearance regulations,
- Changes to CPR and first aid regulations to comply with federal requirements,
- Changes to lead water testing regulations to align with state law enacted in 2019,
- Changes to provisional licensure regulations, and
- Updating the name of the Community College of Vermont's professional development system.
Updates to Resources:
- Revisions will be made to the CBCCPP Guidance Manual this fall, and a copy will be mailed to each program once it is finalized.
- The Frequently Asked Questions on the CDD website will be updated in September to align with the new CBCCPP regulations.
- The sample forms and checklists on the website will be updated in September to align with the new CBCCPP regulations.
- Online, real time trainings will be offered in fall on the regulations. There will be a daytime and night time training offerings. Information about the trainings will be posted to the Northern Lights at CCV course calendar, and emailed through the CDD email announcements once they are scheduled.