All qualifying applications will be considered, please take your time and ensure your application includes all information on all qualifying staff.
In recognition of the essential role of child care programs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the extreme difficulties that programs are facing in trying to recruit, retain, and support staff during this challenging time, the Legislature, Administration, and advocacy organizations worked together to create a workforce stabilization program. The Child Care Workforce Stabilization Program will send payments to child care programs to make one-time payments to current full and part-time staff who provided direct, in person care to children at any point from September 1 to December 30, 2020. Staff are defined here.
The Legislature allocated federal CARES Act funds for this purpose in early November. Because these funds must be spent by December 30, all applications for payments under this program must be submitted by November 29, payments will be distributed to programs in mid-December and must be paid to staff by December 30, 2020.
All applications will be considered, so please take the time to ensure that the application is complete, and you are including the full list of staff who have worked since September 1st or will be hired by December 30th.
Payments are intended to stabilize and support the regulated child care and designated Vermont Remote Learning Hub Site workforce. The total payment awarded to each program will be calculated after all applications have been processed, by determining the number of staff who are eligible compared to the available funds for this program.
To apply, you MUST:
- Be located in Vermont.
- Agree to provide the payments to your staff by December 30, 2020.
- Either be a:
- Currently open regulated child care program (e.g., center-based, Family Child Care Home, after school, public prekindergarten), or
- Have opened as a designated Vermont Remote Learning Hub Site and provided care to children.
How to Apply:
- Complete this application for each license or designated hub site.
- Provide a list of current full and part-time staff who provided direct care to children at any point between September 1 to December 30, 2020. Confirmed new hires may be included in your request as long as they begin working by December 30, 2020. If you have more than 5 staff attach the Workforce Stabilization Payment Staff List Form.
- Submit this application by 11:59 PM on November 29th, 2020.
Answers to frequently asked questions are available here. Questions received through November 22nd, will be posted on November 23rd. Additional questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org through November 25th.
A virtual information session was held on Friday, November 20th. To watch a recording of the information session click this link.
Only one submission per site/license will be accepted.
Only one payment per individual will be made, regardless of the number of programs for which the individual works.
Award letters with specific amounts will be sent out by December 4th.
If you have trouble with the application please email email@example.com