A federally-funded program that helps low-income Vermont households with their water and wastewater bills.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for assistance:
- You must pay for water and/or wastewater services.
- Your gross household income must be less than 60% of the state median income, based on household size.
Priority will be given to households whose water/wastewater has been disconnected or is at risk of being disconnected.
What help is available?
If eligible, the program may help with:
- Past-due water bills.
- Back charges and fees associated with non or late payment.
- A one-time future payment based on several factors, including:
- Household income,
- Water/wasterwater expense as percentage of total income,
- Number of household members, and
- Whether the household includes a child under six, adult over 60, or person with a disability.
Payments will be sent directly to the provider. Providers will have to be certified before payments can be made. We will help them through this process.
When do I apply?
There is no deadline. Apply anytime.
How do I apply?
- You can either:
- Include a copy of a current water/wasterwater bill with your name on it. This is REQUIRED.
- Mail your application and supporting document(s) to: Economic Services Division, Application & Document Processing Center, 280 State Drive, Waterbury, VT 05671-1500.
Who do I call if I have questions?
If you have questions about the Water Assistance Program, call 1-800-339-6433.